cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C100 MKII Auto Iris

Tiagoespsanto
Apprentice

I read the following comment about the C100 and would like to learn more about the Auto Iris Function on the C100 MK2 which I'm planning to invest on. Please refer to the comment too in your reply. Thank you

"I happily own 5 L series (usually Mark II) lenses: EF 100-400 4.5-5.6 L II, EF 70-200 2.8 L II, EF 16-35 2.8 L II, EF 100 Macro 2.8 L, and EF 24-105 4 L. Imagine my disappointment when I found out my lenses are not supported by the Auto Iris Function of this unit. In order to adjust to different lighting conditions one has to continuously press the "Auto Iris Button".

I have found myself fumbling with the settings and missing shots. The supported lenses are referenced on page 65 of the manual and all are lesser glass and there are only 4 of them"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello Tiagoespsanto

The reference in the manual to those four lenses is, I believe, in reference to Remote Operation using the Browser Remote.

The physical button marked 'Push Auto Iris' works in such a way to adjust the aperture to obtain optimal exposure as long as that button is held down, not repeatedly pressed as you mention.  This may very well have been the cause of the issues that you mention.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

Hello Tiagoespsanto

The reference in the manual to those four lenses is, I believe, in reference to Remote Operation using the Browser Remote.

The physical button marked 'Push Auto Iris' works in such a way to adjust the aperture to obtain optimal exposure as long as that button is held down, not repeatedly pressed as you mention.  This may very well have been the cause of the issues that you mention.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

What are all the lenses that are compatible with C100 MKII with Automatic Iris? The manual pg. 207 tells me to refer to Canon Service Center but I do not find information for this. I only found a list for the C300 MKII.

Hello softhands, 

As per the EOS C100 Mark II manual on page 65, only IS STM lenses are compatible with push auto iris, automatic aperture and Face AF.  At the time the manual was published this list included the following: 

EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM

EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM 

EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM 

EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM 

Hi Softhands,

I too had the same challenge. I recently evaluted the Canon CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 L IS Lens using my C100 MK2. The C100 Mk2 enables auto iris with this lens but it is not documented anywhere!! I used this lens in in cars and all kinds of situations and the auto-iris function and auto focus function was flawless. I will probably purchase this lens in the future.

PAUL

Videopartner.com.au

Announcements