cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pro 9000 issue

ac209
Contributor

when trying to print the printer will draw the paper in than stop and after a few minutes I get a message saying pc cant communicate with printer

nikon D7100 and D610
tamron 28-75 F2.8 and tamron 70-300 F4 - F 5.6
nikon 600F4
17 REPLIES 17

Danny

Hi, ac209!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I am using windows 7 64 bit.  I uninstalled the printer and the drivers and reinstalled the drivers and that didnt help. also made sure I got the latest from canons web site

nikon D7100 and D610
nikon 600F4

Is it USB?  Smiley Frustrated

If it is USB, get a new high speed, high quality, USB cable that is designed for printers.  Try to keep it around 6 feet in length.

Try a different USB port on you computer.  They do go bad.

Also, just uninstalling a driver does not mean it gets uninstalled.  You may need a "clean-up" utility to really remove it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I have an uninstaller program that will clean up any reg entries left also.

as fas as USB I use the one that came with the printer and it has worked fine since buying the printer. when I hit print in photoshop CC the paper will load in then stop and then I get the error where it says cannot communicate with printer

nikon D7100 and D610
nikon 600F4

Two things here, a registry cleaner does not remove old drivers.  And the USB cable can fail.

I would try a different cable and use a different port.  But only after you are certain you have the correct driver installed.

These are basic, free, things you can do to trouble shoot the problem.  Always do the easy stuff first.  This may not be the problem but you have to elimate them.

EB

tried a different USB port and cable. no go. the uninstaller I use is not a reg cleaner it is an uninstaller for programs that will also look in the registry for left over reg entries from anything uninstalled and also remove them. I also manually remove items now and then from the registry with caution of course.

another thing I found out is it will print a 5x7 but nothing bigger and that is hit and miss also

nikon D7100 and D610
nikon 600F4

If it prints at all, it means the computer is talking to the printer.  Now look in PS CC amd any other setting you may have changed.  If it did indeed work at one time.

Are you sure your sizes match?

Actually I would still look to the diver but you seem satified the old one has been 'completely' removed.  BTW, All the drivers are under C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

EB

still a no go. yes I checked settings in photoshop and I always double check settings to make sure size and paper are correct

thanks for taking the time. guess it is time for a new printer. will get the pro9000 markII as I still have a lot of ink for the 9000 or would get the pro100

nikon D7100 and D610
nikon 600F4

Does it do it with all programs or just PS? That would help determine if its the printer or a software issue.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements