cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pro-1000 stuck on processing please wait. Won't print.

skogie1
Contributor

My imageprograf pro-1000 hangs on the processing please wait screen forever and I cannot get it to print.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes! So I talked to support yesterday evening and here is what I did that worked. I unplugged the printer from power. I unplugged the USB cable not just from my laptop but literally from the Canon Pro 1000. Then I pushed the power button 10 times. Then I plugged the power back in and turned the printer back on. Then I didn't just erase my drivers, I "reset printing system." And then I went to the home button on my printer. And just printed something directly from the printer -- I think anything would work. I can't quite remember but maybe it was print LAN settings? Anyway its suppose to engage the logic board while you are still unconnected to your Macbook. I want to say that I never air print. So I never had to unconnect this -- but you would need to do that at the beginning I think for this to work. Finally -- the printer printed out the settings and when that worked. We did a nozzle check - I think just as a per-caution -- it was fine. Then I reconnected my USB cord and printed! And it worked! The only weird thing is that the whole "processing" loop started in the beginning when I was replacing an ink cartridge with a new cartridge and after everything the printer is showing that my Black Matte is still completely empty? I double checked the ink and its literally still full but the printer is still saying its empty. But hey -- it's running again! I'm not sure what's going to happen...but if it stops again -- I'll update this post. The support person I got was really helpful. Let me know if any of this helps! I'm running a Macbook Pro 12.2. And using Photoshop. 

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Oh ok, I will give that a try! Mine has used so much ink it just fills the maintenance cartridge. Did you just turn the printer back on after updating the driver and it suddenly worked?

Canon have tried to make out that I’m the only one who’s ever had this problem 

OK trying this too. Just deleted the drivers and reloading. Thanks for the idea! 

Any luck? I still cannot get mine to work at all. I’ve deleted all drivers and reinstalled. 

Yes! So I talked to support yesterday evening and here is what I did that worked. I unplugged the printer from power. I unplugged the USB cable not just from my laptop but literally from the Canon Pro 1000. Then I pushed the power button 10 times. Then I plugged the power back in and turned the printer back on. Then I didn't just erase my drivers, I "reset printing system." And then I went to the home button on my printer. And just printed something directly from the printer -- I think anything would work. I can't quite remember but maybe it was print LAN settings? Anyway its suppose to engage the logic board while you are still unconnected to your Macbook. I want to say that I never air print. So I never had to unconnect this -- but you would need to do that at the beginning I think for this to work. Finally -- the printer printed out the settings and when that worked. We did a nozzle check - I think just as a per-caution -- it was fine. Then I reconnected my USB cord and printed! And it worked! The only weird thing is that the whole "processing" loop started in the beginning when I was replacing an ink cartridge with a new cartridge and after everything the printer is showing that my Black Matte is still completely empty? I double checked the ink and its literally still full but the printer is still saying its empty. But hey -- it's running again! I'm not sure what's going to happen...but if it stops again -- I'll update this post. The support person I got was really helpful. Let me know if any of this helps! I'm running a Macbook Pro 12.2. And using Photoshop. 

Thanks so much for this info! I’m going to give it a go as soon as I get some time. Just out of interest was this USA canon support or UK? I have found the UK support useless so far. 

davidmedhall
Apprentice

Yes, the problem is it gets stuck in a cycle, it can't get out of, 

which can only be down to the drivers and firmware and how they interact

my operating system is Mojave

cleighholder
Contributor

I've had exactly the same problem. They replaced one of my printers -- I had it less than a couple months and now I'm having exactly the same problem. It's stuck on processing and emptying all my ink and there is nothing to stop it. I've tried unplugging and restarted per the helpline suggestion when I called in but it doesnt do anything. I have a new Macbook 12.2 version that I purchased in Nov 2022. I usually print out of photoshop -- the most recent adobe version. No solution and now I can't use my Canon Pro 1000 printer. Please let me know if anyone finds a solution. This is very frustrating. Thanks! 

davidmedhall
Apprentice

Now the interesting thing is this has now been happening to me intermittently but since I downloaded the latest firmware update 3.010 I don't have to unplug the printer when it goes into this cycle but can turn it off via the on/off button, which tend s to suggest to me that they know about it and haven't admitted there is a problem and still haven't quite fixed it

Announcements