cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pro 10 printing wrong size

marieruth
Apprentice

Okay, I am going crazy. I can't for the life of me figure out why my printed image is coming out the wrong size. I am trying to print a 12x18 image on 13x19 paper (red river polar matte.) I have the right paper size, the correct ICC profile, the correct pixels (5400x9300). 300 dpi. I have tried various adjustmenets and the image size is still coming out approx.10x7. I also used the image resize feature in my editing app and that didn't change anything either. Everything looks perfect in the print dialogue box--measurements are correct, picture is properly placed with 1/2 " border. Doesn't matter if I select "print entire image" or "fill entrie area. " Must be something obvious I am missing. My editing program is On1. I am on Mac Pro desktop computer with Safari 12. Using the canon LJ print tool. (Cant use print studio pro with On1, not supported.) Help, please. I hate to keep wasting expensive paper and ink. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Success! At last. And, yes, above problem with destination paper size must have been the problem How I finally resolved it was to save yet again as a new preset. This time when I went back to the new preset it was keeping the right values. Finally the image printed out full size.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What media type are you selecting. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Media type: matte photo paper
For some reason I feel the printer thinks it is outputting to 8x10 or 8 1/2 x11. I have gone over and over the settings. The only thing that seems odd is under paper handling: destination paper size: even though i put in values of either 13x 19 or even A3 (or also just turn off automatic scale) and then "save", when I go back again to paper handling it shows destination paper as "US letter borderless". Not sure why this setting even exists.

Success! At last. And, yes, above problem with destination paper size must have been the problem How I finally resolved it was to save yet again as a new preset. This time when I went back to the new preset it was keeping the right values. Finally the image printed out full size.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements