Did you mean: 

pixma pro9000 ink

Mitch
Apprentice

Can you use remanufactured ink tanks in a pixma pro 9000  mark II

5 REPLIES 5

Mitch
Apprentice

Very curious as to why no one has answered my question. The question is.....can you use remanufactured ink tanks filled by after market companies?

There has been quite few views, so that tells me other people are interested. Remember the the Christmas movie where Macy's sent the customers to Gimbals if they didn't have the product, and they, (Macy's) became a BIG hit?

Only looking for a simple answer.

pickball66
Apprentice

Mitch,

My photo club people, who are a lot smarter than me, tell me that you can't rely on "after market" ink and why would you take a chance on an image that you have spent a lot of time on.  That the after market ink does not meet the specs that your manufacture requires.

Hope this makes some sense to you.

Owen

Alright, I will ask the question in a different way. Does, or do you Canon, make your own ink? Can your club answer that? Really not trying to get into a bad position with Canon (used their product for decades) but why?, why?

Ramona
Authority

Hi Mitch,

We don't recommend the use of inks manufactured by third parties in our printers.  Our print head and inks work together as a precisely engineered system to support optimum image quality, print speed and reliability in higher resolution text and color printing applications. 

Should third-party ink tanks be used and do damage to the printer, this damage will not be covered under the product's limited warranty.  Any repairs required as a result of such damage will have to be out-of-pocket.

You can purchase Canon supplies and accessories for your PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II at the Canon eStore here:

http://bit.ly/WD9NgW

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I have a hard enough time getting the Canon inks and paper to print right. There is no way I want to introduce another variable into that equation.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements