cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma 100 how long to print

jwaller
Contributor

how long does it take to print a photo?  i have 4x6 paper in the slot, hit print and it make noise for what seems like forver then i get the yellpw light blinking, then an erro messae that there is a paper jam.  i look and the paper as gone throguh down under the ink but stopped.  then after stopping, restrting, etc on occasion it will print.  

i guess muy questiion is, am i rushing things or is it just this slow?

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There is something going wrong if you get the yellow light.

Are you using 4x6 photo paper?

Try loading only one sheet and see what hapeens. Then, when you load multiple sheets be sure they aren't stuck together.

I print 4x6 canon paper and never have a problem.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

thank you.  i am loading one sheet at a time.  4x6 illford.  does your yellow loight not come one at all when you are printing?   and how long is the whole process from when you hit the print button?  

Yellow light never comes on when printing 4x6 from rear tray.

Yellow light does flash when printing 13x19 from manual feed tray; this is normal and all I need to do is press button or hit return on computer.

I never timed 4x6 printing, but it doesn't take long.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

thank you so much.  i will try again tomorrow and see what happens.  i think it took me about 4 min for the paper to feed snd thst was after taking it out and reloading 3-4 times.  i think something is wtrong with it.   it worked fine and then my computer crashed - hd to reload te sotware and it has been doing this ever since.  maybe i should reload the software.

thank you again!

one more question... do you have to select with feeder you want?   i am using the one with sliders slightly behind the ink.  not the one that stands up in the back.  is this the best one for 4x6, 5x7?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Unless the paper package says to use Manual Feed I use the Rear Tray. Confusing terminology by Canon since the Rear Tray is in front of the Manual Feed and there is no front tray.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

thank you again!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements