cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mistaken Support Code 1000 while using a Pixma Pro-1: the message itself is in error

alienal
Apprentice

Support Code 1000 while using a Pixma Pro-1, printing from Photoshop CC from Mac OS 10.9.5:  the message itself is completely in error.  I've been using my Pixma Pro-1 for about a year with no problems to speak of, but today while trying to print I get repeatedly Support Code 1000 - "No paper.  Load paper in the rear tray correctly," etc..  

However, I'm not even using the rear tray - I'm using the Manual Feed Tray with a sheet of A3Plus fine-art paper and printing as I have always done.  For what it's worth, I'm printing with a custom profile and letting Photoshop manage colors (though I'm printing a B&W image).   This worked a few days ago just fine.  I got the same message whether I tried to print in RGB or grayscale, or whether I set fine-art margins to either 30 or 35 mm (my usual).  By now I've gotten this message fifteen times.

I tried the obvious - turn off the printer then turn it back on, deleting the print job and going back to Photoshop's Print dialog.  Anybody out there have the same problem?  The manual of course says nothing helpful.

Thanks, AlienAl

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Can you print OK from other software? Is the rear tray flipper perhaps not seated fully?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Dear John,

Thanks for the response.  I haven't tried yet to print from other software, but I'll let you know as soon as I do, hopefully within a few days.  I want to try Canon Print Studio Pro, as I've never used it - I've been using Lightroom as a rule, but with my new procedure, using a custom profile and choosing Color Management by Photoshop, I've been advised to use PS instead of LR - not sure just why.

What exactly is the rear tray flipper?  Everything I can see down there looks normal, and there are no unusual noises (not that I can judge so well).  The paper, set up to be printed, did pass quickly through the printer smoothly twice (without any printing), however, yesterday and today when I turned the printer on and sent a print job to it.  So things are sometimes rolling.  Also I printed a Test Page successfully, using the Rear Tray as one must.

Canon UK suggested a few basic things - check for blockages, do a Power Reset, and try using different media types, mainly.  Someone suggested also to set Rear Tray instead of Manual Feed Tray.  But none of this has helped.

Give me a few days, and maybe I'll have more to say.  Thanks again,

AlienAl

There should be no reason you can't print from Lightroom using a custom made profile. I print from LR all the time using third party profiles and also slecting Canon profiles since I never let the printer manage color.

I am printing with a Pro-100. I do find that sometimes the manual fed tray is very fussy about having the paper properly seated in the tray.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements