cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imagePROGRAF PRO-300 setup getting stuck

jback
Contributor

Trying to set up a new Canon Pro 300 printer and I seem to be completely lost and stuck.

Using MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 and everything is now connected but the printer will not go past the date setting and the computer says the printer is not connected. Which it is by USB.  

I admit I am used to my previous Pro 9500 with Easy Photoprint so I am not sure where to turn with this set-up.

If I should trash all installed and start over OR?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Delete the printer one more time and then restart the computer and printer. Once that is done, try adding the printer back on. 

If the same issue happens,  I recommend reaching out to Canon support for this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If this happens when running the PRO-300 Driver setup package (Mac) file, try using the PRO-300 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.22.2.0.0. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jback
Contributor

That Driver progressed it so that in the printers and drivers it now says printer is idle and will show ink supplies But when I go to update media information of the printer driver, the printer says it is performing another operation and nothing happens

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Delete the printer one more time and then restart the computer and printer. Once that is done, try adding the printer back on. 

If the same issue happens,  I recommend reaching out to Canon support for this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

jback
Contributor

Thanks but no go ...I was able to add the printer back after the restart and I actually did it twice. once just shutting down the printer and another shutting it down and unplugging it. It comes back up in the Quene as idle but when I try to print it says the printer is busy already and now if I try to use easy print it says that no printer is supported. I will try Canon support

jback
Contributor

Going to Canon support got me up and running but I will start another thread for printing

Announcements