Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

how to install ICC printer profile in DPP4 with a PIXMA pro 100 printer

I paid for a custom ICC profile for my PIXMA100 printer that I use with Canon DPP4 and the app Print Studio Pro.

I put the ICC profile in windows/system32/spool/drivers/color along with all the existing profiles.

I try to select it in DPP4 by preferences- color management.

Very strange - my new profile shows up in a browse for the monitor profile BUT does not show up in the Printer profile list - which is what I want.

Any ideas ? Thanks for any help.

Honored Contributor

Re: how to install ICC printer profile in DPP4 with a PIXMA pro 100 printer

You can select it in Preferences or the printer driver when you print.

2018-02-23.png2018-02-23 (1).png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
New Contributor

Re: how to install ICC printer profile in DPP4 with a PIXMA pro 100 printer

Thanks for your reply. The preferences setting in DDP4 should act as you correctly described.

But in my case there was a problem that the new profile did not show up in the list of profiles for the Printer. But, curiously did show up in the list of Monitor profiles - the same list I think. Most strange.

Perhaps it has to do with how the new profile was put in the list. As I said I opened system32/spool/driver/color and manually placed it there - because I found no way to add it by using DPP4. Was there another way I wonder?

Anyway I think we should close this question as answered because it seeems more like a bug - that I have referred to Canon - than operator error. We shall see. 

Thankis very much for replying to my message I do appreciate your input.