cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code B200/Pixma Pro 100

natureboy
Apprentice

What does the error code B200 mean on my Pixma Pro 100 printer?

After not using the printer for approx 1 Month, which is normal for me, I attempted to print and got the B200 error code. The instructions direct you to turn off the printer - unplug it - and call Canon which I did. Their tech told me to try a few things (which I did while on the phone with him) with no luck . He then said I would either have to take it to a service center (in my location the service centers are Staples and Walmart) or purchase another printer from the Canon Loyalty Program.

Talk about rock and a hard place. This is a 20 month old printer!

Anyway - I let it sit overnight  - the next day i went into my studio turned it on and it printed beautifully. Sort of take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning stuff.

Does anyone know what the error code B200 represents? Canon just said it was something that required a service man to repair. I want to be ready for the next time this occurs and my overnight remedy doesn't work.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Dixondeuxyeux
Apprentice

My Canon Pixma Pro 100 has served me well for nearly 8 years. I have taken it with me when I lived in Addas Ababa, Ethiopia and Dakar, Senegal. It recently died on me and I got the error B200 message. I took the entire printer apart because I couldn't get the printhead to move to the left. I assumed it was dead so why not look under the hood? After failing to find any blockage, I put it back together unplugged and forgot about it. I ordered a new one from New York but had no idea how to get it to Senegal. Then after 3 days I plugged it in by chance and it came to life. The voltage here in Africa fluctuates wildly. Even when it is off, it was still plugged into the wall. So I have since stopped doing that. Phantom power and all... So before you toss it in the trash heap, let it remain unplugged for a few days and try again. You may be pleasantly surprised.

My printer is a Pro 9000 Mark 11 less than one year. It's doesn't get a lot of use, but when it does, it works hard. After printing numerous images, I got the same error code. After fooling with it for a day and a half, calling support, email with support, and chat, I was told by Canon it is a hardware problem and needs to be replaced. The green/yellow lights flashed 10 times each and then only the green and the cycle repeated. That's what the tech based his conclusion on. Out of warranty, so I ordered a new one, but I'm hoping to have the same luck you have and it will come back to life. This is the second printer with the same problem.

rndoke
Apprentice
See my reply to Dixondeuxyeux
Announcements