cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows XP to Windows 7 64-bit help for imagePROGRAF 8400

shnerk
Apprentice

We are in the process of moving from Windows XP Pro to Windows 7 Pro 64-bit at our company.  Under XP, we are currently running PosterArtist 1.1.1 and Digital Photo Print Pro 1.0.1 and printing to our iPF8400 without problem.  While we can get the same versions of software installed from the CDs that were provided with our printer on Windows 7, we cannot get the applications to recognize that there is an imagePROGRAF printer installed.  We did download the latest 64-bit driver from Canon's website and we can get the printer to work with other programs and straight from the OS, just not through these older versions of programs.  When we try to update PosterArtist, for example, from the downloads available, the upgrade does not recognize that there is a previous version installed.  Our vendor tells us we need a whole new printer, but I don't think so.  I'm assuming we just need to get newer versions of software for everything to work, but need someone to confirm this. 

Is anyone else running Win7 64-bit with this software, and if so, what version?  Is this version available as a free upgrade, or will we need to purchase it?  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

1 REPLY 1

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I don't know the specific answer to your problem but just before I retired from Hallmark we had a similar problem.

Our IT department worked on it for several days. Sorry I don't remember what the solution was but they did not buy any additional software, or a new plotter.

I am thinking it is the switch to 64 bit that causes the issue. Are you certain you have all the latest version of the software?

And most of all you got the latest firmware, too? Is your plotter connected directly or is it a share on your network? Ours was a shared plotter in our CAD/CAM and Technical Design departments.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements