cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find and download Canon paper icc profiles?

Will55
Contributor

I have searched on the Canon site and on search engines to no avail. Can anyone post a link for downloading icc profiles to the Canon photographic papers (Pro Luster, Matt, Semi gloss, Pro platnum) I would like to install these profiles in the Photo editing appliction, Affinity for softproofing to a specific paper. Thanks.

50 REPLIES 50

Welcome to the forum.

What software are you trying to print from?

What operating system?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

mac, lightroom, photoshop

On a Mac OS

When you download a profile, to install it in the correct location, click the 'GO' at the top of menu bar (first click anywhere on the desktop to activate the menu bar. Then at the bottom, click 'go to folder' and then type (if it is not already there,) /Library/Mail/Bundles click 'GO'  then go to colorsync and then profiles. You can add icc profiles here as below. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 10.25.07 AM.png

If your question is where to download the stock Canon paper icc  profiles, they should be included when you install the driver for your printer.

@minieng wrote:

I don't understand wy it is impossible to find the profiles for Canon printers. I have never experienced this before with Eposn or HP printers. Why are they hidden. Please send me a link for all the profiles for my Pro4000. I kinda need them like right now. 

On a Mac OS

When you download a profile, to install it in the correct location, click the 'GO' at the top of menu bar (first click anywhere on the desktop to activate the menu bar. Then at the bottom, click 'go to folder' and then type (if it is not already there,) /Library/Mail/Bundles click 'GO'  then go to colorsync and then profiles. You can add icc profiles here as below. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 10.25.07 AM.png

If your question is where to download the stock Canon paper icc  profiles, they should be included when you install the driver for your printer.

Thanks But I'm sorry I didn't make my self clear. I know HOW to load, find and use icc profiles. What I can't find is all the canon profiles online for download.

In Ps or LrC you just select the profile dropdown and the profiles show up.

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 1.38.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 1.36.48 PM.png

If that is not happening verify  that you have the correct printer driver installed.

You want the Canon IJ Series driver and not the Airprint driver.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@minieng wrote:

Thanks But I'm sorry I didn't make my self clear. I know HOW to load, find and use icc profiles. What I can't find is all the canon profiles online for download.

They answered that question -  under the screenshot.

I have the Canon Pixma Pro 100. When I upgraded from OS from Catalina to OS Big Sur the Canon paper profiles disappeared. They are not in the Color Sync folder anymore and do not appear in Lightroom or Photoshop. I have reinstalled the printer driver but that did not install the paper profiles. My printer driver is 16.50.0.0

Besides downloading and installing the driver, did you add the printer in System Preferences->Printers & Scanners?

You need to add the IJ Series version of the printer, not the AirPrint version.

Printers & Scanners 2021-11-11 19-39-43.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

The printer in System Preferences was already there from when Iwas running OS Catalina.  Should I uninstall the printer and reinstall the printer?

The printer is sort of operating.  Just not using the printer profiles.

Announcements