cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to install the print studio pro plug in into Lightroom 3

bjvoyager
Apprentice

When I look into the program files there is only a .lrdevplugin plug in and it is not the one I need to give me acess.  How do I get it?  Thanks

I know the route in, just dont have the right plug in.

3 REPLIES 3

the_traveler
Enthusiast

Have you downloaded from http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/professional_photo_inkjet_pri...

There is quite complete documentation about how to download and install.

After installation, you access Print Studio Pro through Plugin Extras

access Print Stud.jpg

I'm having the same issue as the original poster. The latest version of PSP does not seem to be installing properly thus we cannot access it through the menu. Normally after installation it shows up in the list you show in the screen shot, but it's not showing up after downloading and installing the latest version.

There should be a folder ending with .lrplugin in the PSP installation directory but there isn't one. Instead there is a folder named CNPSPPILR.lrdevplugin. I tried using Lightroom's plugin manager to manually add it to Lightroom and at first this seemed to work as it said the plugin was installed and running. And then PSP would appear in the list you show in your screenshot. However if I tried starting the plugin, I get a popup saying Windows cannot find CNPSOPN.exe.

Edit: Also if I attempt to use the Print Studio Pro Plug-In Install in the Canon Utilities folder in the Start Menu, it says that a compatible version of Photoshop or Lightroom is not installed. I'm using the current edition of Lightroom (2015.1.1).

I downloaded the printer driver software from the Canon site for a reistallation as opposed to the disc that came with the printer.

That seemed to do the trick.  Next time I looked it was in my plug in folder and I took it from there.  Hope this helps.

Announcements