cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total print count (pages printed)

TGWH
Contributor

I have a 4 year old Pro100 and a 3 month old MX922. I want to find out the total prints made on each unit. Is there a way to see this built into the printers or software that can access that info?

I can see the current job print number.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I don’t know about the MX , but if you do a nozzle check on the Pro-100 it will give you the count.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John.

There is a range of pages on the nozzel check printed page for both printers, (Pro 100:151-200, MX922: 551-600) To be honest I paid little attention to this because I want (need) a definitive number not a range; total prints made regardless of print size.

I don't understant why Canon has a range of prints instead of a definite number. The 50 page range is of little value to me. 

TGWH

TGWH
Contributor
I guess I am beating a dead horse but I need a print counter.
I put together a spread sheet. Input the paper size, type, photo or text print job and number of prints. The spreadsheet computes total sq.in. printed, and how many prints that equals on each size and type paper I use. It also tracks when cartridges are replaced.
With it, I can now track print count, ink usage and cost for both printers. Adding more printers is simple.
If I find I need other data, I can easily incorporate it.
I am sure there is software that can track printer use.
Mine is a bit cumbersum but it works, giving me what I feel I need.
TGWH
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements