cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Print Size in Print Studio Pro

mgreer316
Apprentice

If I'm blind please help me out. I just installed Print Studio Pro and I can find nowhere that allows me to set the print size. I've got letter sized paper and I want to print an 8x10, How/can I set the image to print 8x10 and an 8.5x11 inch sheet of paper? If not, is this not very basic functionalty?

10 REPLIES 10

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

See here:

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Canon-Pixma-Pro-100-printing-incorrect...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have tried every margin, image size and position setting combination I can think of but printing a 460mm x 820mm landscape is only possible with 250mm of paper wastage after the print. Is there any way to set a margins without Print Studio PRo wanting to change my print size? 

Eg: Top 10mm, Bottom 140mm, Left 10mm, Right 10mm this would leave me a print of 460 x 820 with no paper wastage

Print Studio Pro will not let me do this and I have; Top 10mm, Bottom 140mm, Left 10mm, Right 252mm

The bottom margin is inavoidable but the right magin is all wastage.

Mark Thompson

What paper and media type selection have you made. 

What editing software you using. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I'm using 24" roll on a PRO2000, papertype and size are checked and correct. 

I shoot Canon RAW, develop in Canon Digital Photo Profesional and print with Print Studio Pro.

I wasted a bit of paper yesterday but finally turned my landscape photo to portrait in Digital Photo Professional and then Print Studio Pro would print without the excess paper. It looks like an issue when you rotate within Print Studio Pro.

mgreer316
Apprentice
Hmm... I'm not at my office now so I'll check tomorrow. But I look at the layout panel. I didn't see anything.

mgreer316
Apprentice
Where exactly is the Layout dropdown menu? I see the Layout tab next to the Print Settings tab, but there are no facilities to print sizes there.

If you look towards the bottom of the panel you will see Image Size.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

aprilcares
Apprentice

Hi, FYI the answer on the linked page didn't help me because I had selected a borderless custom size w/o realizing it. You only get the dialog to adjust print size and margins if you select a bordered print option. Hope this helps somebody!

paulajoy
Contributor

It would be awesome if Canon's software had a PREVIEW.  What you see is what you get.  What a concept.  I haven't found that option, even under "other options" in Printer Settings.  

Announcements