cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about ink management

nvw
Enthusiast

Hello,

I try to print something every six weeks or so to keep the ink from drying out. I am wondering if I actually need to print or is just turning on the printer enough to move the ink.

Thanks.

<edit> I am using a Canon Pro 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@nvw wrote:

Hello,

I try to print something every six weeks or so to keep the ink from drying out. I am wondering if I actually need to print or is just turning on the printer enough to move the ink.

Thanks.

Greetings,

You need to print something.  Turing the printer on regularly helps, and while the "priming" that occurs will keep the printer in a ready state, the head could still become clogged at the nozzle unless a printout or calibration is performed. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, nvw!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@nvw wrote:

Hello,

Thanks.

Greetings,

You need to print something.  Turing the printer on regularly helps, and while the "priming" that occurs will keep the printer in a ready state, the head could still become clogged at the nozzle unless a printout or calibration is performed. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Got it, thanks.

Announcements