cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Pro-1000 printing on non-Canon papers

jhelbraun
Apprentice

I recently started printing on a Pro-1000 with Mac OS 10.14.6 from Lightroom Classic. Monitor is calibrated and Lightroom is printing accurate color prints on Canon Pro Luster. It was time to try out my images on non-Canon papers. I downloaded all the ICC profiles for the Moab and Hahnemuhle samples I have, from their websites (designating the Canon Pro-1000 along the way). Got them installed so that they show up in Lightroom. Printed one color image and one BW image, selecting generic  "Heavy Art Paper" "Japanese paper" on the printer paper settings as described in the Pro-1000 manual). Selected the appropriate ICC profile in Lightroom print module as I went along.

All Hahnemuhle prints turned out overly saturated, both in the magenta and green directions. On the BW images, the blacks were greenish. I did a color print on a Moab paper, with the same over-saturated result--so it's not the Hahnemuhle paper, it's happening on both. I made one more proof on Canon Pro Luster to help determine where the problem is, and color is correct there (as it was before this adventure). Checked/changed some printer settings to make sure I wasn't double-profiling and tried another 2 proofs without success. Doesn't seem to be double-profiling, but I'm open to correction.

I'm mining the manual without success. Any thoughts on this?

0 REPLIES 0
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements