cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 1000 printing dark and muddy

nichole9
Contributor

Hello! I am trying to print from Lightroom on my MAC and my pro 1000 is coming out really murky and the colors are off. I have reinstalled the printer drivers, firmware, and every other update I could find on the support page.

I cleaned the printer heads and did a color calibration.

My monitor is currently calibrated.

I have tried to print using LR directly and using Print Studio Pro.

My OS is Catalina v. 10.15.1.

Is a hammer the only thing left?

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Is this a new problem?

When is the last time the printer worked?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It's probably been a few months since it's worked well for sure. I have printed some other things in the last couple months that came out less than what I wanted, but different color schemes and I thought it was my editing. This last one is definitely wrong and I've tried printing it 6-7 times with differrent settings and edits and nothing comes close to what it should be. 

I tried it on my Pro 4000, too, and it's just as murky, and very green looking. Here is the digital version. Internet-2.jpg

Here is the printed one and somehow the camera shot of it makes it look a lot brighter than it is in person. 

Photo Dec 08, 09 03 24.jpg

The greenish cast appears to be the absence of Magenta ink.  Yet, you have this on two devices.  So, what about the ICC profile you are using and is the correct paper type selected?  

What happens when you print a nozzle check pattern?  Is everything normal?

Great picture of the water BTW!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you! 

Interesting on the lack of magenta. I wouldn't have considered that. I made a new custom paper and embedded the paper profile, then turned off the color management. Seems to have gotten rid of the green tinge. Did a print nozzle check and that is coming out ok. Murkiness is still there but I'm wondering if maybe this photo's color range is just not translateable to paper?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements