cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 1000 - anyone printed using custom paper sizes?

Denchamber
Contributor

There is a custom paper size dialog box in the driver software and it is straightforward.   But on the printer the only selection is "other".  So I am wondering if anyone has tried it.

If you're wondering why I would possibly need a custom size here's the reason.   I unfortunately bought a big box of 17 x 22 Breathing Color canvas and it is so limp that it is difficulat to make work with the printer.    It causes a horrendous jam.   I like the looks of it (i.e. the texture of the canvas)  but in the future will just use the canon canvas which of course works fine.   So I'm planning on cutting the Breathing Color into smaller pieces before printing.   To avoid a lot of waste I would like to cut it into special sizes.  

By the way the 13 x 19 Breathing Color canvas worked fine (I used a whole box of it).   So the limpness of the canvas in that smaller size was not a problem for the printer.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Not a direct answer, but did you see if BC will make good on your purchase?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I contacted them and they didn't offer anything - just referred me to a video that showed an approach for making the canvas work.   But even that requires printing using custom sized.   

ggruber
Apprentice

Yes, I use custom sizes. I print 11x14 using the 'other' setting with no problem. I also print 17x22's, although they are very heavy stock. If you can't get lightweight stock to feed, trying setting the printer to manual and feed a single sheet through the back feed. Always works for me.

Announcements