cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 100 problems

raider123
Apprentice

My printer is hard wired into my iMac, worked fine for a while now I get a " printer not connected" message. It is clearly connected and will start to print then stop, it is rreading my ink levels also. but it wont print.

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you updated your macOS recently? I have read about situations where the update to Mojave has affected printer driver. 

Try reinstalling the printer driver. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Re-istalled drivers and updated browser, and changed out my ink. Success I'm printing again. Thank you all for your input.

George_-
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi raider123,

Based on the specific issue you have described I recommend contacting live technical support.  Please click HERE for info to contact live technical support.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Are you using a fairly long USB cable?  This sort of sounds like a flakey connection if it has a connection to the printer ... then loses it.  

You might also try printing wirelessly.  If you haven't done so, with printer connected via USB, run the "Canon IJ Network Tool".  This utility lets you configure the printer so it can join your wifi network.  Once completed, you can disconnect the USB cable.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
👍
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements