I have not been able to add my Pro-100 printer to my new Windows 11 computer. Using the included disk I have installed the driver but it cannot be found. I try to add the printer manually and the system finds it, but when it gets to the "Type a printer name" window and I click Next, I get the message "Unable to install printer. Cannot complete this function."
I have no idea where to go from here. According to https://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1036785/~/printers-with-windows-11-sup... this printer should be supported by Windows 11, so I have no idea what to do.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Canon's Technical Support Representatives are available via phone or chat. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:
Once an account is created, you will be able to speak or chat with a Technical Support Representative.
In regards to the issue that you are experiencing, please have you PRO-100 powered, USB cable connected and then follow these steps:
1. Click the Search icon at the bottom of your screen and type DEVICE MANAGER in the search box.
2. Click on "Device Manager - Control Panel" in the results above.
3. In the list that appears, please right click any PRO-100's that appear and left click on Uninstall or Remove. Repeat until all PRO-100's are removed.
4. Close Device Manager.
5. Please disconnect the USB cable from the back of your PIXMA PRO-100.
6. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
7. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
8. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).
9. Right click the Canon PRO-100 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all PRO-100's are removed.
10. Click Close to close that window.
11. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).
12. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).
13. Click once on Canon PRO-100 series Driver and then click Uninstall at the top.
14. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.
15. Once done, please reboot your computer.
When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click the Select button next to "PRO-100 series Printer Driver Ver.1.07 (Windows)".
3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.
4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.
5. Double click "p86l-win-pro_100-1_07-ea32_2.exe" to begin the installation.
6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall, only reconnecting the USB cable when prompted during the installation.
Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.
Yes, I downloaded and updated the driver. When I look at the port it tells me that it sees the printer, so that's fine (I just use a cable because there always seems to be a problem trying to use wireless). However, when I install the driver it goes through all of the steps then tells me that the installation failed. No idea why or what to do about it. I did contact HP for help but because it is not an HP printer they are not willing to help me without paying $50 for the assistance. Large companies no longer need customers that encounter problems, which is why all of this is so frustrating.