cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-100 imposes limitations on Fine Art papers??

Guidelines
Apprentice

I've learned there is a driver imposed restriction on borderless printing on the Pro-100 with Fine Art papers. 

The instructions for the ICC profiles say to select Other Fine Art Paper 1, but that's not possible with a borderless page setup. Why not??

I'm forced to use the closest Photo Paper media, which makes the ICC profile suspect. The print otherwise looks beautiful. 

Is there any way around this restriction?  I've combed the manual and unchecked Check the paper size when printing on A3+ Fine Art Paper, but have found no resolution. 

It's frustrating, because I know the printer can handle borderless on the papers in question (Canson PrintMaking Rag and Rag Photographique), but the driver is preventing me from using the correct media type.

-Michael

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Annotation 2019-12-09 124651.jpg

The driver doesn't allow the selection of fine art papers and borderless.

I use those papers (not borderless). Based on the surface maybe try selecting Photo Paper Pro Luster media type.

You can download a great resource from the printer support site - the On-Screen Manual.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I appreciate Canon working hard to foolproof the system, but it's frustrating that they've taken such a heavy hand.  A warning and messaging on quality risk would be sufficient.  As I said, it works just fine -- so in the end, they've complicated the process and compromised the result.  Part of me wonders if it's the work of the Marketing team purposely limiting functionality to sell more Canon branded paper or higher-end printers.  Nevertheless, I've found selecting Matte Photo Paper gives a nice result with both of these Canson-Infinity papers, even borderless.

Announcements