cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA PRO-100 B200 Error

jhelp
Apprentice

Hi! I recently got a secondhand Canon Pro 100 with the B200 error (this was expressed so it wasn’t a surprise. She said she didn’t use it for a while).

I have a full brand new set of cartridges from Canon (the $125 pack).

The alternating lights (10 white, 10 orange) appear upon start up.

When I turn on the printer after removing the print head, the print arm moves around just fine with no error.

I’ve done a very thorough cleaning of the print head (my third clean throughout the week). Not much ink initially came out from the light rinsings and 1/4 inch solution soaks from YouTube tutorials (a little here and there) at first.

Then after recently deciding to run it under hot water, then placing it on a paper towel, blue ink would come out. I repeated this more than 10 times until very little or no blue ink would come out. Letting it sit for about 5-15 minutes on the paper towel each time.

Then I waited a day for it to dry once it seemed like barely anything was coming out.

Today I put the printhead back inside and voila! When I put the cartridges in, for the first time ever, they would each light up red.

IMG_8833.jpeg

However, when I put down the cover or try to print, once the printhead/arm moves all the way to the very right, the B200 error appears again. (This is only when everything is inserted — it works fine moving all the way to the right and back to the left without the printhead.)

I know I’ve made progress because the arm never moved with the cartridges before or lit up reading them.

It looks like there is a lot of ink inside the printer to the very right portion where it stops moving when the printhead and ink are inserted. Is this appearance normal? Could this be the issue or should I continue to rinse the printhead?

IMG_8832.jpeg

Any insights would be much appreciated. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

A B200 error is usually serious and often fatal.  More often than not, it means the printhead has overheated and is permanently damaged. Sometimes replacing the printhead can help but it's a lot to invest and there's no guarantee it will fix a problem.  I'm sorry I don't have something more positive or certain to share.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements