cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro 10 Waste Ink Pad Partially Saturated

zephyrstar
Apprentice

Hello! I've had this Canon Pro 10 printer for about 3 years and I noticed that parts of the waste ink pad are saturated with black ink. I assume this is probably due to the *x10 black and white art and galaxy prints I have been making. I've done a few "borderless" prints or prints with a .1875 inch border on the borderless setting with no extension.

I haven't seen any smudges on my prints. As a precaution, I carefully blotted the saturated sections with a paper towel. Basically, I want make sure this isn't something I should be worried about or if I need to see about getting the pad replaced if possible. Also, if using the borderless settings with borders is a problem, I would be grateful for any advice on getting even borders. Many thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

If the entire pad becomes soaked, it will be a problem.  The printer will eventually refuse to print or you will start seeing staining if the ink cannot be captured or contained.  

The pads are not designed to be user serviceable and while I have seen the software reset tool available online, I have no idea if it actually works.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Shadowsports! Is there anything I can do like blot excess ink? Or just assume the printer will become unusable/need to be serviced? 

Announcements