cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing on Pro-Premium mate gets "selected paper does not have wide margins"

fbuitrag
Contributor

Runnign my first print test on this paper When printing either borderless or 1" border i get the same message: 

"The selected paper size  doe snot have wide margins. Depending of the environment, if you continue printing on with the current settings, conditions such as paper abrasion may cause paper  stains ... Printing with a paper size that has wide margins is recommended"

I had printed before borderless and with border on Luster and Metallic and never got this message.

Any ideas why the error comes on this paper and even when printing with border ? 

I chose the matching "Cannon Pro-1000/500Photo paper pro premium Mate"

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, fbuitrag!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I am using the canon pro-1000

To print I am using the canon Print Studio Pro and I am using the Media type an dthe printer profile matching the paper I am using to print.  

As for paper, I am using the canon Pro paper and the margins are the Seeded ones. For a one photo option, it comes with borderless or Bordered. To be honest, I am not sure it is 1 inch (I did print it borderless),  I misread the paper layour, it was "Borderless (x1)" or "Bordered (x1)"   

Thanks

Can you plase point me to documentation or any place that helps to understand about the borders ? Sinc eth pro-1000 has an option for borderless, I assume ti should be ok to do so. Also If the margin is dictated by the Canon software should it still give the indicated message ? 

Thanks

AD111671-4633-4B26-9967-62080171F5A4.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

If you look in the manual there is an option to override the limit. You can get the manual from the Canon support site. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

That's because the two other papers you mentioned don't have the imposed border that heavier weight fine art papers have. 

The imposed border is 30mm; greater that the 1" border you set. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements