cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing on Canvas Like Paper

therustyjunker
Apprentice

I am wanting to print on a canvas like paper.  I did this a couple weeks ago with just a very simple design(not photo but wall art) that was primarily white background and pastel colors for the design.  It printed great.   I used the artist canvas paper I got from hobby lobby.  I needed a custom size so I believe I used just a paper setting. 

The other day I tried to print something that had heavy ink and it was a wreck and bled terrible and was just awful. I believe I tried to use the canvas setting.

Anyway, suggestions for printing things that are heavy ink designs.

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi therustyjunker,

What Canon printer do you own?

What version of Windows (or OS X) is installed on your computer?

What program on your computer are you using to print your images?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the Pixma Pro-100

Windows 7

Printing from Photoshop

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Your phrase "it was a wreck and bled terrible and was just awful" made me wonder... 

This is usually what I see when I insert paper the wrong-side-up (or if I mis-identify the paper type to the printer).  There are matte papers and photo papers that absorb ink different and the printer will apply a different amount of ink in response to knowing what paper type is being used (you have to tell it.)

Many paper manufacturers will provide recommended settings based on the chosen paper.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Canvas paper is matte paper with canvas texture. Try selecting matte paper, not canvas. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements