cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro, LR, and Photoshop Elements

kwinkeler
Apprentice

When I install Print Studio Pro, it asks if I want to install it in LR but does not ask if I want to install it in Photoshop Elements.  I want to use it with PSE, but can't figure out how to install it in PSE.  If I say 'yes' to installation in LR, it shows up in lightroom but it still doesn't appear in the PSE File>Automation Tools menu.

How do I install PSP in Photoshop Elements?  I'm running Windows 8, LR4, and PSE 11.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Print Studio Pro plug-in software is compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS4/CS5/CS5.1, Adobe Photoshop Elements 8/9/10, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2.7/3 and Canon Digital Photo Professional 3.12 or later.

Sorry!Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Huh.  Wonder if Canon is planning to update Print Studio Pro since it's one version behind on PSE compatibility and two versions behind on LR compatibility.

Thanks for your reply!

Actually Light Room is on version 5 right now and Photo Shop is on CS7.

However, PSP works with both!?!

EB

I have Photoshop Elements 9, and installed Print Studio Pro as a plug in.  I'm not seeing it within PE 9, however.  Where does it show up?  Thanks.

It is a plug-in so it does not show up under Print.  It will be in your Automate or Plug-in's tab.

I don't have PSE 9 any longer but look for one of thoes pull downs.

EB

Ebiggs,  Thanks for the response.  Concerning the Print Studio Pro plug-in, there nothing in any drop down tab or menu for plug-ins nor any "automate" option.  The only difference I can tell from loading the Print Studio Pro plug-in is that there are now additional "print space" options under color management.  By the way, how do you like the later versions of PSE?  After the problems I had migrating to PSE 9 from an older version I've been reluctant to upgrade, again. 

Print Studio Pro cannot be started when no image is displayed in Photoshop Elements.

If Print Studio Pro does not appear in the menu of Photoshop Elements even after installing Print Studio Pro,

follow these steps to install the Photoshop Elements Plug-In.

1. Exit Photoshop Elements.

2. From the Start menu, select All Programs > Canon Utilities > Print Studio Pro > Print Studio Pro Plug-In Install.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to install.

The Photoshop Plug-In may not be installed if Photoshop Elements has never been started.

If you create or edit an image in Photoshop Elements using the layer function, the image may not be displayed in Print Studio Pro. In this case, combine the image and the layer in Photoshop Elements.

EB

"By the way, how do you like the later versions of PSE?"

Only you can make that call. But PSP does not work with PSE 12 at all.  PSE 11 is the latest supported version.

If version 9 is doing what you want it to, then I would probably stick with it.  Sometimes upgrading is not worth it.  Smiley Frustrated

I highly recommend Lightroom 5. It is really designed for full on pros but anyone can certainly take advantage of it abilities.

EB

eBiggs - Muchas Gracias.  PSE 9 is working just fine.  I hate the grey text and icons and controls on darker grey background, as many other users did.  Seems I recall that was changed in version 10 or 11.  That would be my only reason for upgrading at this point.  I did ultimately find Print Shop Pro while in Edit mode, in the File pull down menu, under automation tools.  Thanks!

Announcements