cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing PRO 100 for long distance transportation

vlao
Contributor

I was surprised not to find any detailed information on this on the web and on the forum. How does one prepare a used PRO 100 printer for long distance transportation?

The only directions I found from Canon (in the manual here https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/PRO-100S%20series/EN/BG/bg-tips7000.html) is basically to turn off the printer with the ink inside, put in the box and store horizontally. But what if I need to store the printer for a few month before the next use? Or what if the printer is handled and stored not horizontally for some time while moving. Keeping the ink inside seems like a dangerous way of transportation.

Hoping to get advice from someone experienced. Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi vlao,

You are correct.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi vlao.

If the printer is not stored horizontally and upright, the ink in the tanks or in the waste ink absorber may flow into the rest of the printer, staining or damaging other components.

If storing the printer for a long period of time, ink will eventually dry in the nozzles.  If the ink tanks are removed, the ink will dry also dry in the ink intake for the printing system, in which case the print head would need to be replaced.  After storage for a long time, replace the inks and perform cleanings/deep cleanings to clear out any clogged nozzles.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, Darius,

Thank you very much for helping out with your answer. Though you did explain some of the processes happening in the printer when it's not used for a long time, however it is still not very clear to me what is the best approach to prepare for transportation/long time storage without use. What I understand from your answer is that the safest way would be to keep the ink tanks with a bit of ink in the printer, then let it dry for a while before transportation, and after that run the cleaning process when I receive the printer at the new place. Am I understanding correctly?

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi vlao,

You are correct.

Announcements