cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma pro 100s error 5100

Anthony98
Apprentice
Dear community,

I just had a used pixma pro 100s and i am unable to print anything due to error code 5100.
The printer is starting well, checking all new ink cartridge correctly and then the printer head is parking very well on the right side if the printer. The power light is white and clear. Then, after 40 seconds, the printer head is moving again, then park again on the right side, moving 1 inch on the left and here it goes with the error code 5100.
Note that ink cartridge is new. Print head is new.
I tried to clean the transparent strip, clean the inkpad on the right, remove and replace cartridge...
Nothing is working.
Could someone help me because i feel that it is almost there to make it work fine ?
Thanks a lot

Regards

Anthony
2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You purchased something used, so its history is iunknown.

Google says code 5100 is a problem with the ink carriage?

There isn't much more you can do besides installing the new printhead, inks, cleaning the decoder strip and performing a general inspection. 

If turning it off, unplugging, (waitng a few minutes), reconnecting to power and turning it back on doesn't help you may have purchased someone else's problem.

The manual suggests performing all the steps you tried.  If those don't help, to contact support.

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/PRO-100S%20series/EN/ERR/5100.html

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Anthony98
Apprentice
Hi
Thanks a lot for your reply. I didnt resolve the problem. Since I live in french polynesia it is difficult to bring it to a qualified canon technician...
I will pack and go for another solution.
Regards
Announcements