cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro100 Printer test paper feed & color issues

cmr
Apprentice

I have been trying to print a test paper.  I put the paper in the rear printer -- but it doesn't recognize that there is paper there.  I am wondering if I am supposed to be using a particular kind of paper. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

We need more info. What software are you trying to print from (or are you using the driver).

Are you confusing the Manual Feed tray (at the very rear of the printer) with the Rear Tray (which is at the top rear).

It can be confusing becasue most people don't know/foregt that the printer has a Front Tray dor CD/DVD printing.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for responding.  

I have tried both trays -- but primarily the manual feed tray in the rear.  I am using the IJ printer utility test page function.  I am a Mac user, but this is opened from the Canon Printer utility page.  When I  try to print the test page, it won't pull the paper from either tray.  It says to use 'plain' paper -- which I take to mean regular printing paper, but I have tried both photo paper and regular paper.  I am just confused why it keeps reading as if there is no paper in the tray.  

It prints photos from either tray -- but I am having color balancing issues and I have cleaned the nozzles can't get it to print a test page for me. 

I just tried it on my printer. The Print Test Page doesn't give a choice - it will only print from the Rear Tray.

Rear Tray won't print unless the flap is closed.

I don't know if this helps you.

If everything seems set up correctly and it still doesn't work contact Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks.  Will do.

Announcements