cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 200 Cannot be Calibrated

liffeypop
Contributor

I just got a brand new pixma pro 200 to print greeting cards and the colors are way off. I have not been able to successfully troubleshoot this.

Can anyone tell me how to calibrate the printer. 

It's frustrating that after spending $600 I cannot get the colors to match and print correctly.

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum. 

Have you performed a nozzle check?

What software are you printing from?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, I performed the nozzle check.

I am printing from adobe reader. But I did download the canon easy print photo editor and printed from there and it's still incorrect.

Top is how my logo should look (more gold) and bottom is how it's printing. I got no where with Canon technical support.

IMG-1993.jpg

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Download and print this test image.

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

How does it look.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I did download an image similar when I was on with support but the glossy paper had wet ink smudges all over it and I tried 3 times. Support insisted that I was printing on the wrong side but I pulled it directly out of the package and inserted it right into the feed. That one didn't work so the next one I took right from the package and flipped it over before placing into the feed.

Does this printer only work with Canon paper? I was selected the greeting card option from the print settings because I'm using cardstock cut to greeting card size.

IMG-1995.jpg

IMG-1995.jpg

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The printer will work with many brands of photo paper.

What you are describing is classic of printing on the wrong side of “plastic” coated papers. The non-print side is non-absorbent. Very strange that it happens on both sides.

I just read your post again. Sounds like you are using non-photographic card stock. What is most likely happening is the ink is being heavily absorbed into the card stock. Put a little drop of water on the paper and see how it spreads out.

If you want to check how the printer is performing print a test image on photo paper.

You might have better luck with your cardstock by selecting matte paper as paper type. Even then it might not work as you want.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Is there a paper you would recommend?

The paper I am using is designed for inkjet so I thought it would work well enough.

https://www.amazon.com/5X7-Folded-Size-Envelopes-Invitations/dp/B079NL6997/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywo...

I'm now wondering if a much cheaper printer would do just as good a job. Doesn't seem like it's worth $600 to not get the colors correct.

I see this paper from Canon but it doesn't mention anything about inkjet.

https://www.amazon.com/Canon-Double-Perfect-Greeting-Scrapbooking/dp/B0844CDT1D

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I have used Red River Paper greeting card product successfully with my Pro-100. The Pro-200 is the successor to the Pro-100.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements