cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100s not installing on Windows 11 laptop

HelenC1
Apprentice

I have just been trying to install this printer on a new laptop using Windows 11. I have downloaded the most recent driver from here https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer/products/printers/pixma/pro-series/pixma-pro-100s.html

However, when I run the installation the software tells me that it can't find the printer and to connect via USB. I have done so but it still doesn't detect the printer with the cable. I have done a factory reset on the printer and tried again but still the same result. I have printed the network configuration page direct from the printer and it tells me the Wireless LAN is enabled and the connection is active. 

I have also tried to connect the printer via Settings > Printers and Scanners. It finds the printer, connects, installs and then messages that the driver cannot be found. I have tried installing the driver through Device Manager which was also unsuccessful. I have deleted all references to the printer in Device Manager and also the registry. Nothing so far has worked. I also tried the XPS driver with the same failures.

I have an MG3650S printer connected wirelessly and that is working fine.

I have now spent the best part of a day trying different options. Any help would be much appreciated before I throw the printer out of the window!

Helen

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements