cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 options very limited

pah512
Contributor

I'm running a Mac with OS 10.9  The print options seem very limited as well as confusing. Not only can I not add my own

presets, I can't even choose between color or vlack or white! I've reinstalled the printer, but same results. Would it help to

uninstall the entire Canon Utilities folder and reinstall once more? Many thanks in advance. pah

12 REPLIES 12

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
We will need more info to assist. What program are you using to print from.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Whether I print from Mac mail, a webpage, or Photo Shop CS 5, which I still prefer to Print Studio Pro, the options. remain
limited . PSP, by the way, seems to function perfectly from within PhotoShop. Thanks, JR. if I could add attachments, you'd
have a better sense of what I'm talking about. Best, Peter

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

The capture image I added is what I can get from the IE11 print button. I am using Windows, so the driver may be different in Mac OS. Sorry I can't help.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi, JR
yes, different driver, but many thanks for your efforts. Best, Peter

No matter whether you are on a Mac or a Win machine, you should get a very similar screen.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hear E.B.

Interesting. Mine doesn't resemble that at all. Thanks. pah

This is just a guess, because I am not using a Mac system, but perhaps are you using the MacOS printer driver rather than the Canon driver? Did you install the driver using the CD that came with the printer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

In fact, I've installed the Canon driver twice, but at this point, I'm tempted to dump the entire Canon utilities folder so that I can make a completely fresh install. In fact, I'll do it now, though I don't have high hopes. I'll let you know. Thanks, pah

Announcements