cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 Poor Print Quality on 11 x 17" paper

ext126
Apprentice

I have a brand new Canon Pixma Pro-100 that prints great on the 8.5 x 11"  Pro Luster paper included with it, but horribly on 11 x 17" Xerox Bold 80 lb Coated Gloss Digital Printing Paper. Everything prints splotchy/blurry and wet. The color is really off too. 

I've tried both sides of the paper in case I was printing on the wrong side and got the same results. I'm printing an 8.5 x 11" image on the Xerox tabloid paper from Print Studio Pro with the following settings:

Media Type: Glossy Photo Paper

Paper Size: Tabloid

Paper Source: Rear Tray

Print Quality: High

Color Mode: Use ICC Profile

Printer Profile: Auto

Rendering Intent: Perceptual

Color Matching Method: OS Standard CMM

I really don't what I'm doing wrong here. Is this Xerox paper just not compatible? Am I just missing something? I've tried printing from Preview and Acrobat as well. I would keep experimenting with different settings, but I'm afraid of damaging the printer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply - yes, I tried both sides of the paper (both sides are coated glossy anyway).

I did some more digging and it seems other people strangely have problems using this paper with inkjet printers, even when xerox claims this paper is compatible with them. Guess I'll stick to Canon paper for now, really hope I didn't do any damage to my printer with this mess. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

nvw
Enthusiast

That happened to me to once as well. Sorry to state what might be obvious but are you sure you printed on the correct side of the paper? To confirm, wet your fingers and touch the paper. The sticky side is the print side. 

Thanks for the reply - yes, I tried both sides of the paper (both sides are coated glossy anyway).

I did some more digging and it seems other people strangely have problems using this paper with inkjet printers, even when xerox claims this paper is compatible with them. Guess I'll stick to Canon paper for now, really hope I didn't do any damage to my printer with this mess. 

Announcements