cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 IJ utility cannot find printer

florisvb
Contributor

I am trying to set up a new pixma pro 100 printer using my Mac (10.12). I successfully set up the printer via wifi and installed the driver and the computer has located the printer, but when I follow the instructions to launch the IJ Printer Utility I hit a dead end.

I have tried the following two approaches:

1. Via system preferences > printers > canon pro 100 series > options & supplies > show printer webpage > utilities

All I get as utilities are confirm lan settings and language selection. No head alignment etc.

2. Via Mac HD > Library > Printers > Canon > BJPrinter > Utilities > Canon IJ Printer Utility

All I get is a message "There is no printer available"... but clearly there is a printer available, since I can talk to it via the system preferences.

What do I need to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Do you have the IJ Series printer installed or does it say Bon Jour? If Bonjour or AirPrint click + again and wait for IJ.

If that’s not the problem call Canon (assuming you installed latest driver from Canon website)
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Did you add the printer in Printers & Scanners?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

yes, it is there and appears to be connected (e.g. it tells me the ink is all full).  

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
And you tried printing and it doesn’t print?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I have not yet tried printing - I believe it will print fine, but that is not the issue. I would like to do the head alignment, but I can't seem to get access to that utility. 

Nothing happens when you click this?

Cursor_and_Printers___Scanners_and_Canon_PRO-100.jpg

If not, try reinstalling driver or give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Unfortunately the "utility" tab does not show... that is the problem.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Do you have the IJ Series printer installed or does it say Bon Jour? If Bonjour or AirPrint click + again and wait for IJ.

If that’s not the problem call Canon (assuming you installed latest driver from Canon website)
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Aha! That did the trick (waiting for IJ, not AirPrint).

Thanks!!

Thanks, that fixed my problem as well. Couldn't see the Pro 100 in the Canon IJ Printer Utility and no "utility" tab in Sys Preferences. Printer was set up as Bonjour.
Announcements