cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro 100 Disable ink level reporting

chancereid
Apprentice

I'm wondering if there is any way to temporarily ink level reporting on this printer...I have an older Canon MP970 printer that uses the CLI-8 ink cartridges, and as I know that the physical cartridge is the same as the cli-42 for the Pro 100, I want to swap the chips out of my empty cli-42 tanks, and put them on my FULL cli-8 tanks...but since the chips are reporting empty, I would like to temporarily disable ink level reporting so that this brand new ink I have isn't wasted...

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I don't think so but I also don't think this is a good idea. Ink is the single most part of the printer. It is always best to use the only Canon branded ink that is designed for the specific printer.

I do not know but the ink formulation in the different cartridges, although similar dimensions, might be different. Hence the different part numbers.  It would produce terrible prints if so.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

JohnB352
Contributor

You could temporarily not load that utilitiy at Windows startup.  Just run MSconfig, click on the startup tap.  I'm not on my home computer right now so I don't know the exact name of the executable, but it would be something-Canon.  Just uncheck it and restart your computer.  Later you can go back and check it off again, to get those alerts back.

Announcements