cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-100 B200 DOA

88E30
Apprentice

Hi folks,

A buddy of mine got a Pixma Pro-100 several years back as part of a promotion, but never opened the box.  It has been stored in his home until this weekend.  Over the course of this weekend, it was unboxed for the first time since he took delivery and was set up per the getting started guide.  

Unfortunately, after step 4, where the ink tanks are installed and lights checked, it throws a B200 error.  I've tried the various reset procedures several times with no effect.  Any thoughts on what might cause this or, what might fix it?  This was the first time the tape was cut on a brand new printer in the shipping box.  The box had no damage and all components look to be in perfect condition.

Right now, the printer sits with print head moved off to the right side, under the printer frame.  It's giving alternating white/orange flashes with 10 pulses of orange, then it repeats.  I've tried the unplug, then press the start/stop button 5 times reset process to no avail?

Any thoughts on what to do next would surely be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

88E30
Apprentice

The spirits of printing must be smiling on me this morning.  After submitting this question, I did the reset procedure again and the printer responded.  Before doing the reset, I did move the print head carriage back and forth manually to see if it was binding.  Maybe that helped.  Maybe I got lucky.  But, the 5 power button push reset did seem to work today.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

88E30
Apprentice

The spirits of printing must be smiling on me this morning.  After submitting this question, I did the reset procedure again and the printer responded.  Before doing the reset, I did move the print head carriage back and forth manually to see if it was binding.  Maybe that helped.  Maybe I got lucky.  But, the 5 power button push reset did seem to work today.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Thats good news indeed.  A B200 error usually means the printhead has overheated and has to be replaced. Its a nice printer.  I had one for a couple of years.  Canon and Red River papers seem to work best.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements