cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-10 Disable Printer's Color Management

AnneK60
Enthusiast

I have a Pixma Pro-10 on a Macbook Pro running Sierra (10.12.6). Everything is working fine except I want to print through Photoshop CC 2018 not Print Studio Pro. I have been all over the internet searching for how to accomplish this. In one thread (March of 2017) it suggested going in to My Printer. Unfortunately My Printer is a Windows function and someone on the thread said there is no My Printer for Mac, but they stopped there with no further information. So, how in the heck do I disable the printer's color management, or do I even have to if I am printing through Photoshop CC? Thank you for any light you can shed on this. 

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

In the Mac system color management is automatically turned off when you select "Printer Manages Color". (Actually what happens is the ColorSync option is selected by the software and grayed out so you cannot change it.)

Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 3.46.24 PM.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Got it. Thank you so much. This is the first time I have printed in color from my Mac. I was previously using a PC so I am still trying to find my way around.

Mine is greyed if I use Printer or Photoshop manages Colors. I want to access Color Options but it is disabled no matter what I choose. 

Welcome to the forum. 

Check that you have the Canon IJ Series version of the printer and not the AirPrint version. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Welcome to the forum. 

Check that you have the Canon IJ Series version of the printer and not the AirPrint version. 

How do you check for the IJ series?

Regards

Mike

Are you macOS or Windows?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

mmike
Apprentice
MacOS. All my prints are dull and greyish/flat

Go to System Preferences->Printers & Scanners:

Printers & Scanners 2021-11-28 06-11-50.jpg

You do not want the AirPrint version of the printer.

Have you run a nozzle check?

What software are you printing from? Can you post a screenshot of the printer settings you are using?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements