cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma Pro-1 randomly shuts off

JgAutographs
Contributor

theres been a few instances where ill leave my office in the middle of a print job and come back the next day and the printer is powered off and my computers print driver dialog box will have a message printer not connected. now ive let my computer go into sleep mode while at work for the duration of this size of a job before and the the job prints fine no problem. so i know itsn ot my computer going into sleep mode triggering the power off. any suggestions? 

6 REPLIES 6

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Did it get too hot?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

not sure... i acutally ended up returning this printer, turns out it was not actually made to function for my specific needs, i ended up buying a epson that seems more suitable for what i do, i still have the canon ipf 8400 so ill still be sticking around the boards for that and will offer any advice i can give on the pixma-pro 1 from my short time using it. it was a great little printer when it was working how i needed it to. 

Yes, it is not a production or general office printer.

EB

exactly, and we were in search of the former. 

ebiggs do you have any suggestions on good laser jet printers that will produce high quality at volume, by canon or ortherwise? For smaller format, 4x6 up to 13 x 9. 

I do not have any actual experence with other printers.  I have used the Canon "Pro xxxx" series for a long time.

EB
Announcements