cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper icc profiles with 1/2/3 or 4 in the name ??

dgillilan
Contributor

I would like to know what the significance of the numbers within the canon profile icc paper listings has? For instance, I used the Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster paper type for a print tonight. I used Photoshop CS6 and used the Canon Print Studio Pro plug-in from Photoshop; I set media type at Photo Paper Pro Lustre. But when I chose the icc profile, there were two choices available:

"Canon Pro-1 v1-1 new<LU>1/2/3  Photo Paper Pro Luster " or

"Canon Pro-1 v1-1 new <LU>4 Photo Paper Pro Luster".

(EDIT: my printer is the Canon Pro-1 type model, using ethernet connection, color print, no color match, etc.).

I see where in the regular print driver that under "Main", "Print Quality", "Custom", "Set", that the first slider for Print Quality offers 1 or 2 (but does NOT allow 3 or 4 or 5 which are grayed out and not a choice).

So does anyone understand why there are two icc profiles for "Photo Paper Pro Luster", and

does anyone understand the Print Quality settings and how they apply or how do those work along with the 1/2/3 and 4 in the icc profile choices?
Thanks, Debra

1 REPLY 1

dgillilan
Contributor

I think I found an explanation in one of the Canon manuals for the Pro-1 printer (Page 77), which I printed out last week certain pages.

It states:

Icc profiles installed for this printer(pro-1) are as follows:

Canon  XXXXX <GL> <PP> 1/2  Photo Paper Plus Glossy&Gold

(1) is the model name of printer (the XXXXX  part)

(2) is the print quality (the 1/2  part)

The print quality is divided into 5 levels, ranging from high speed to high quality. As the number decreases, the print quality becomes higher. This value corresponds to the QUALITY slide bar in the CUSTOM dialog box of the printer driver.

(3) is the media type. (the Photo paper.....Gold  part)

This media name corresponds to the following media type:
Photo Paper Plus Glossy II N:   Photo Paper Plus Glossy II N

Photo Paper Plus Glossy&Gold:  Photo Paper Plus Glossy II

Photo Paper Pro Platinum:  Photo Paper Pro Platinum

etc.

Page at the bottom shows 77, but I am not sure which of the several user guide/manuals that it was printed from.

Debra

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements