cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRO-100 not matching my monitor

phillymurf
Apprentice

I am having an issue getting my pictures to match my monitor.  Skin tones are off and colors are not nearly as vibrant as they are on my iMac.  I am running Mojave and printing from Preview.  No other software involved.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

CR.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What paper are you printing on?

What settings are you using in Preview?

Is your monitor showing a realistic view of the image you took? Remember that the monitor has no direct effect on your printing unless you adjust settings in software.  Turn the monitor down and print; turn it up and print - the prints will be identical.

Download and print the test image from this website. Don't make any adjustments, just open the file and print using the settings you would normally use.

http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

How does the image look? How does it compare to your monitor?

Come back with results and we can proceed from there.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John.  I appreciate the help.  I did what you said and printed out the image.  The print looks desaturated compared to what the monitor is showing.  Also, the color spectrum on the test image does not match the colors on the print.  Blues and greens are running together, and yellows look white.  

Okay. Have you run a nozzle check?

Is this a new printer, i.e. you haven't used it before?

Have yoiu verifed that paper is being loaded correctly?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I have not run a nozzle check(I'll do it right away).  I've had the printer for a little over a year.  Out of the box it worked great.  It wasn't until recently that it started to have this issue.  And I haven't made any changes to the settings or otherwise.  I'll run the nozzle check and let you know if it helps.  Thanks.

So, once I realized that if you install the printer using the AirPrint driver, you will not have access to the printer utility.  So I reinstalled using the Canon 100 driver, cleaned the nozzles, and it was a little better.  I decided to take a look at my yellow cartridge, since on the pattern check it was the one color that was barely there.  Sure enough, it didn't look right.  So I replaced with a brand new Y cartridge, and everything looks great again.  Thank you for getting back to me.  I see you on here a lot helping people, and it's greatly appreciated.

Glad you got it all worked out. 

For Mac users printer issues are quite frequently related to not having the IJ Series driver installed. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements