cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA Pro9500 Disc Printing

Taquila
Contributor

I have been trying to set up my dvd/cd tray to print. I have the software installed it did show the cd tray E in the printer setup. When I went to print, it said printer not responding.  I tried calling Canon but I was informed that there is no longer phone support for my model. I reinstalled the software and printer and now the cd e tray is not present in the drop down for settings. Is there something I am doing wrong to set this up?

10 REPLIES 10

Crotalus
Apprentice

You need to set the printer to US. You need to enter the service mode. This works for the PRO9000 amd PRO9000 MARK II.

<Service mode operation procedures>
1) With the printer power turned off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the Power button. (DO NOT release the buttons. The
Power LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (DO NOT release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time
the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the Alarm and Power LEDs light alternately, Alarm in orange and Power in green, starting with Alarm LED.)
4) When the Power LED lights in green*1, press the Resume/Cancel button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table
below. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the Alarm and Power LEDs light alternately, Alarm in orange and Power in green, starting
with Alarm LED.)

*1: If the LED does not light in green (the printer does not enter the service mode), disconnect the power cord and plug it again. Then start from
step 1) to start the printer in the service mode again.
If the automatic power-on function is enabled in the printer, the printer enters the service mode for the first time, but it will never enter the service mode if the printer is turned off by the Power button. This is because the printer remains to be turned on internally if the power is turned off by the Power button. To prevent this, disconnection of the power cord is required before starting the printer in the service mode.  [Set up in the driver]

PRESS Resume/cancel button 1 time and then the green power button. This should print you a page of EEPROM information.  Press the Resume/cancel button 5 times and then the power button. This puts you in the destination settings. Press the Resume\Cancel buttion 4 times and then press the power button. This sets it to the Europe mode.  CHECK for changes by pressing the Resume\Cancel button 1 time and then the power button. This should print you the EEPROM info. It show you wat the settings are. VERY IMPORTANT - press the power button. If you don't then all the changes will not take place..

<Destination settings procedures>
In the destination settings mode, press the Resume/Cancel button the specified number of time(s) according to the destination listed in the table below,
and press the Power button.
Note: After setting the destination, confirm the model name and destination in service test print or EEPROM information print.
[See 3.4. Verification Items, (1) Service test print, or (2) EEPROM information print.]

Time(s) LED indication Destination CD / DVD print
0 times Green (Power) No change of the destination
1 time Orange (Alarm) Japan Supported
2 times Green (Power) Korea Not supported
3 times Orange (Alarm) US Not supported
4 times Green (Power) Europe Supported
5 times Orange (Alarm) Australia Supported
6 times Green (Power) Asia Supported
7 times Orange (Alarm) China Supported
8 times Green (Power) Taiwan Supported
9 times or more Orange (Alarm) Return to the menu selection

You also must set the driver to in customs settings -> Detects a printable disk in the CDR tray. [select] You may need the european driver. If you do not see the item for a printable disk a change to the Rregistry might be needed. Be very careful.

[Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Print\Printers\Canon Pro9000 II series\PrinterDriverData] 

Set [CnmFSI_CDRSWITCH]  to 1. You should see Canon Pro9500. 

This works on my PRO900 MARK II and should work on PRO9500 as they are pretty much the same.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements