cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Novice- help to find PIXMA PRO-200 print options

DD12
Apprentice

Ok, so I'm not a professional. I do love art and experimenting. I bought the Canon pro 200 printer. I did the initial setup and have the printer on my MacBook Air Sonoma 14.6.1  When I went to print under file I got a very very basic printing dialogue window. I went about looking on the digital display on the printer and didn't get very far. I thought maybe I should try using my iPhone (using my iPhone for much is not my preference and I've never printed photos for it). An 'easy canon printing' app came up so I downloaded onto my phone. I saw some layouts and tried for 3 hours (embarrassing) to print 2 4x6 on one letter size photo sheet. I got 2 photos covering the whole sheet. Trying again, I got error messages saying my paper size, etc. didn't match.... 

As I said, this is me not being a techie.. but I would love to just have a nice way of using this printer. I would like to print basic photos, and then would like to learn to print on the A3 Paper. There must be a place to access many printing options for photos, etc. Once I can utilize this.. I can experiment around to do something. What am I missing. Why can't I find more detailed and interesting printing options? 

Thanks so much for your answers- the simpler the better for this 'keep it simple stupid' person. TY! 

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi DD12,

Please make sure that you have installed and are using the printer driver for your PRO-200, not the Airprint driver.

Please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Settings.

2.  Scroll to the bottom of the left side and click on Printers & Scanners.

3.  Click on the PRO-200 that appears on the right and in the new window, click the Remove Printer button.

Once the printer is removed, please close the Printers & Scanners window.

Next, the driver should be downloaded and installed.

Please click this link:

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAxMTQyNDAz&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Once that file finishes downloading, please open or run it and follow the on screen prompts to install the driver.

After it is installed, please follow these steps to add your printer:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Settings.

2.  Scroll to the bottom of the left side and click on Printers & Scanners.

3.  Click the Add Printer Scanner or Fax button on the right side.

4.  In the Add Printer window that appears, click one time on the PRO-200 to select it.

5.  Click the "Use" drop down box at the bottom and click on Select Software.

6.  In the Printer Software list, please click on "Canon PRO-200 series" and click OK.

OSX Select Software.jpg

7.  Back in the Add Printer window, click the Add button.

Your printer will be installed.

When you attempt to print, all of the printer options will now be visible.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements