cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PIXMA PRO-100 PM channel doesn't print a drop ...

dhogaza
Contributor

When printing the test page, the PM test print shows no ink being deposited at all.  When I bought the printer, I also bought a full set of replacement cartridges (being forward-thinking and all that), so I've replaced the PM cartridge and it stlll doesn't print a drop.  Very economical usage of this color ... but accurate prints are impossible, obviously.

I'm guessing I have a bad print head?  I could try a cleaning or deep cleaning cycle, I suppose, but it's difficult to image a new head simply has every nozzle used for PM ink clogged or that cleaning wlll do anything other than waste ink from the other seven cartridges.

I'm mostly posting out of frustration, as the printer's beyond my vendor's return window and canon phone support isn't open until Monday ... 

Anyone else have this experience?  How about with Canon service?  I own a pile of Canon equipment from the 7D2 to the 600/4 MK II and have never had to use their service department before ...

7 REPLIES 7

Jenine
Rising Star

Hi Dhogaza!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Dispie Jenine's reply about what OS you are using, I would try another PM cartridge.  It isn't your OS!

There are some goldne contacts on the back of the print head.  Did any get damaged or even touched?  They are very fragile.

You know you can reset the printer but you need to unplug it from power for approx 5 min.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"Dispie Jenine's reply about what OS you are using, I would try another PM cartridge.  It isn't your OS!"

I know it's not my OS, thanks 🙂

As I said in my original post, the first thing I tried was to replace the PM cartridge with another genuine Canon PM cartridge.  No change.  Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Hmmm resetting the printer might be worth a try, wouldn't hurt.

"There are some goldne contacts on the back of the print head.  Did any get damaged or even touched?  They are very fragile."

No, I didn't touch them, I'm very careful with print heads.  I'm a bit wary of checking, though, is the head designed to survive removal, inspection, and reinstallation?

Canon e-mail tech support answered in their advertised timeframe and will be shipping me a new printhead.  I thought people might appreciate hearing that Canon's providing me with what appears to be excellent support, thus far...

Thanks for your response, too, ebiggs1!

"...  is the head designed to survive removal, inspection, and reinstallation?"

Yes it is.  Just DO NOT TOUCH the gloden contacts on the side.  I bet the new print head will work if the new PM cartridge didn't.

Good luck.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yes, I know about avoiding the contacts.  Thanks.  I expect the new printhead to fix the problem, too.

Just thought I'd mention that the new print head fixed the problem, the prints are as nice as advertised now.

Announcements