cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nesting feature on imagePROGRAF iPF6450

picmatcards
Apprentice

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone has found a solution for nesting on the ipf series printers? The only option I've found to print multiple items on one roll at once is free layout which disables printer presets during use. Anyone with this printer figure out a solution?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

For assistance with this inquiry, please contact our support group at 1-800-423-2366.  The group is available from 8AM to 8PM EST Monday through Friday.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

According to the representative I spoke to from the customer service number provided, the only nesting feature available for the printer is free layout which he confirmed does disable printing presets making it so that you have to completely re-enter print settings every time you print. This is a pretty terrible problem for such an expensive printer. If any one else has any better advice for printing, I'd appreciate a post in here. Otherwise, be warned!

Yup. I wrestled with that free layout thing, and couldn't understand why my settings were being coughed up. Now, I only have the driver, and none of the plug - ins installed. Seems as though the plug - ins mess with the settings as well.  All I know, is if Canon doesn't step up, and completely rebuild their drivers for the Prograf 6300, and make them work, I'm going with HP next year.

Announcements