Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with print colors: Pro-200

dehlers43
Contributor

test .jpg

I am beyond frustrated....:(

I'm using a Pro-200, Canon ink, Corel Paint Shop Pro version 24.1.0.27 x64, Lenovo desk top PC running windows 11. Photo is 3x4.5, 300 dpi and is what the colors are supposed to look like. The printed photos are coming out intensely blue and I can't seem to fix that. I have tried Kirkland glossy photo paper and Canon Glossy Photo paper, 8.5x11. I have tried over 14 different combinations of auto settings, with driver matching, without driver matching, ICM both the Pro-200 glossy paper a and the the Kirkland, and have tried various increases in brightness, up to +12. I'm tired of wasting paper and ink. I printed photos about 2 weeks ago and they were OK. Haven't used the printer since. Was there a driver update?

Can someone please help? Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

There was a driver update published 2/28/22 on the Canon support site, but they do not update automatically. You would have to download it.

Before any support can be suggested you need to run a nozzle check.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

dehlers43
Contributor

I did a nozzle check and everything was fine. Just to be on the safe side, I also did a deep clean. The intense blue seems to be due to an overabundance of cyan. Skin and hair are OK.

Now what?

And thanks for replying...:)

Let's try using some known items to check the printer.

Download this test image:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNpngg2Z6dbhIYEVaNQBuYp2nUaWg?e=mRSEkP

Open the image in your photo software. Don't make any adjustments to the image, regardless of its on-screen appearance.

Set your print dialogue to have printer manage color and use Canon paper. Select the appropriate paper type in the driver. 

Print the test image and see how it looks. Report your findings.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

dehlers43
Contributor

I hope I did this correctly. Paper type set to Glossy A, print quality standard. Manually set to ICM printer profile for Glossy paper A.

Results: all images darker in appearance than on screen. Details of speaker screen in top right image are not really visible. "Aqua" colors on color swatches are closer to a powder blue. Sunset photo has way less detail.

Skin colors are good. Let me know if I need to reprint using different parameters.

Thanks so much for helping me!

I never use ICM. I don’t really understand what it is but it is some sort of Windows print system. What I use for all printing, even with Canon paper, is 1. Set color to Manual, then Matching, then None. In my software ( I use Lightroom) I select the paper ICC profile. In the printer driver I select the Canon paper type. Third party papers like RedRiver, Carson, etc. will always state the Canon media type to use. 

I don't use the same software as you but I would expect it’s printer dialogue to be similar to Lightroom. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

dehlers43
Contributor

The ICM seems to be where you can choose the printer driver. It gives a long list of Canon drivers then ends with the driver for Kirkland paper. If I set color matching to None, the only place I can indicate the paper type is within the Media Type menu. I'll try it again with "none".

Thanks!

When you select None then you choose ICC in your software. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I just found this. It should help. 

https://www.redrivercatalog.com/profiles/how-to-use-icc-color-profiles-corel-paintshop-pro.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I downloaded the trial and printed the test image.

First time I selected the XPS driver version of the printer. Didn't get the ICM option. It had ICC profile selection in that place. Printed same as Lr output.

Switched to the standard driver version. The ICM option was there. A lot more blue and some of the vertical bars were messed up.

download.jpg

Top is using ICM. Bottom using XPS driver and ICC profile selection.

I then selected Driver Matching and it printed as well as Lr. But, in that mode only Canon ICC profiles will be used.

If the Pro-200 has an XPS driver you might want to install that and see what happens.

Something else to try would be to download Canon Professional Print & Layout. You could output and edited image from PaintShop and the print via PP&L.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements