cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magenta cast on Pro-10s (Print studio pro, LrC).

Vale
Contributor

Hello,

I need some help to figure out what is wring with my printing workflow.

I've been having major issues with a magenta cast recently, I'm honestly at my wit's end.

As the subject of the message details, I'm trying to print Jpeg images on my Canon Pro-10s using both Lightroom Classic and the Canon Print Studio Pro Plug-in software. 

I of course know of the dreaded double profiling issue from having found multiple discussions on here, but am truly unsure as to how to fix this after having tried every single possible combination of fixes. 

this is what my settings look like when printing from LrC directlythis is what my settings look like when printing from LrC directly

this is what my settings look like when printing from LrC directly.

I keep 'Profile: Managed by printer' and select ColorSync.I keep 'Profile: Managed by printer' and select ColorSync.

I keep 'Profile: Managed by printer' and select ColorSync. 

have of course tried different profiles. I have also tried to select an ICC profile from LrC with Canon Color Matching at no avail.have of course tried different profiles. I have also tried to select an ICC profile from LrC with Canon Color Matching at no avail.

have of course tried different profiles without leaving it in Automatic. 

I have also tried to select an ICC profile from LrC with Canon Color Matching at no avail.  

have also tried to select Adobe RGB as I have come across a Forum discussing a possibility of magenta cast when using sRGB  as opposed to Adobe RBG. again, at no avail.have also tried to select Adobe RGB as I have come across a Forum discussing a possibility of magenta cast when using sRGB as opposed to Adobe RBG. again, at no avail.

have also tried to select Adobe RGB as I have come across a Forum discussing a possibility of magenta cast when using sRGB as opposed to Adobe RBG. again, at no avail.  

this is what my settings look like when printing with Print Studio Pro PlugInthis is what my settings look like when printing with Print Studio Pro PlugIn

his is what my settings look like when printing with Print Studio Pro PlugIn.

the output print looks mostly the same with every single thing I have tried: there is a really strong magenta cast and it looks like double profiling. 

IMG_3866.jpeg

Please help!

19 REPLIES 19

just printed it. Looks fine to me, although there is a slight magenta shade on the right side of the PM cartridge mark. Could just be head mis-alignment. Everything else seems normal. 

IMG_3915.jpeg

IMG_3916.jpeg

would this mean the issue likely lies with software? 

thanks for the help,

Val

Check your M and PM cartridges. According to Canon M should be darker than PM. 

IMG_2078.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

It is a bit lighter bust still doesn’t look as light as it should be. I would say it’s the same intensity as the Magenta ?

image.jpg

Sorry, I forgot to add that I have changed the PM cartridge with a new one.

Are you using Canon inks? My Pro-100 shows a similar pattern of PM lighter than M. The purpose of the “P” inks is to give a greater range of color. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

No, not using canon inks as they are too expensive. It’s a German manufacturer and I’ve printed before with them without this issue. Do you think it could be an ink problem? Is there a way I can do an overall clean and start from scratch?

thank you, Val

Was there an ink cartridge change between when you were getting good prints and problem prints? Maybe contact the ink supplier. Perhaps a quality problem. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Will do, I’ve done more tests and it persists. Is there any way I can do a full nozzle clean and start fresh? Do you have any recommendations for decent inks that won’t break the bank ? 

thanks for the help 

I don’t have any direct experience, I use Canon ink, but many folks report good experience with Precision Color inks. 
A friend installed P and PC backwards in his Pro-100 and two cleaning cycles straightened him out. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I’ve done four more full cleans in the meantime and it seems to be getting better.
There are still a few images where a can see a slight cast but I will run more cleaning cycles
If this slight cast still persists I will try the cyan swap you suggested, but the worst is definitely fixed.

I was sure it was double profiling but it looks like that was it!

Thanks so much for the help John, truly a Legend! 

Val

Announcements