cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low ink override with the new PRO-300

Chiotas
Contributor

Hello!

As usual, Canon wants me to replace ink a bit in advance.

With my old PRO-1 when the blocking error is displayed it was enough to keep pressing the stop/reset button for 7 seconds and voilà, the printer started to do its job.

Now with the Pro 300 this trick doesn't work anymore..any suggestion to override the low ink error?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Chiotas,

Printing under the ink low/ink out condition may cause the printing problems such as the mixing of inks, or a printer malfunction.

If you want to continue printing, you can disable the function for detecting the remaining ink level. To disable this function, press and hold the printer's Stop button for at least 5 seconds, and then release it.

With this operation, the printer will stop monitoring the remaining level of ink for the ink tank(s) in question.

Please be advised that Canon shall not be liable for any malfunction or trouble which may be caused by continuation of printing or refilling of ink.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply, but after pressing stop button for 5 seconds, it doesn't work

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that your PIXMA PRO-300 is not allowing you to print after you hold down the STOP button for five seconds.

To better answer your question, we will need to know the specific error code that is being displayed on the printer’s LCD display. For information on the location of the LCD display, you can go to the following website:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/PRO-300%20series/EN/BG/bg-018.html

If the error 1600 (Ink is out) is being displayed, you can press the OK button to continue printing. You will find information on the 1600 error and other support codes in the following website:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/PRO-300%20series/EN/ERR/err_contents0100.html?ref=err...

Please note that we do not recommend that you print when the ink is out. You do have that option, but it is not recommended. It would be better to install a new ink cartridge to prevent any damage from occurring.

Should you continue to need help, please provide the error code that is being displayed at the printer.

I hope this information helps. Thanks again.

I have done the procedure and for me it worked pretty good. You need to press the red button for 5 seconds and then release. The system will say that you have a cartridge in the system (the one you added)
After that you will not see any level of ink, so be careful to not let the printer run out without inks because you can mess with this beautiful printer.
For each Ink you get the warning of replacement, you will need to push the button 5 seconds.
I have done it twice for two inks I had to change which I have changed but the system continuously was warning me.
Now all has been set up nice!

maria23
Apprentice

Hi. I have the same problem with my Canon Pixma IP2700. It says ink is running low, holding the stop/resume button does not work. Any other ideas?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements