cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to double or triple hit a print for backlit printing with the Canon ipf 9400?

cmichielsen
Apprentice

I'm printing through Fiery XF RIP software on Duratrans. I'm already using the Special 10 setting for matte black ink and highest ink limits, but my prints aren't turning out saturated enough for backlit displays. Is it possible for me to "hit" the print multiple times?

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I dunno.  I suggest asking the software vendor.  I doubt if many people around here are familiar with your software. I'm not.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I did ask them and they told me that is not controlled through the RIP software. I imagine this has to be something the printer is mechanically capable of doing. Right?

What exactly does "double or triple hit a print" mean? 

Back lit?  It almost sounds like you are printing on the wrong medium for whatever it is that you're trying to do.

cmichielsen
Apprentice

On some (all?) wide format printers it is possible to print every band multiple times before the media is advanced. For example we have an Epson GS6000 ecosolvent printer that allows you to print up to 9 layers at a time. Also we have a UV flatbed that allows you to repeat print multiple times.

The profile with the maximum ink limits is not laying down enough ink to meet our standards for backlit displays. I'm wondering if I can get around that by printing the maximum ink limits in multiple layers over top of one another,

@cmichielsen wrote:

On some (all?) wide format printers it is possible to print every band multiple times before the media is advanced. For example we have an Epson GS6000 ecosolvent printer that allows you to print up to 9 layers at a time. Also we have a UV flatbed that allows you to repeat print multiple times.

The profile with the maximum ink limits is not laying down enough ink to meet our standards for backlit displays. I'm wondering if I can get around that by printing the maximum ink limits in multiple layers over top of one another,

That must not be a common feature for large format printers.  I've been using large format printers for years, going back to old HP XY Plotters in the 1970s.  I would imagine that doing so would require special types of inks.

Canon iPF9400 Support Page

Looking at the manual, I do not see any suggestion that "repeat print mulitple times" is an option.  Perhaps someone from Canon can better guide you than I can with this feature.

Okay, thanks for your help.

Maybe this is just something not possible with aqueous printers?

Announcements