Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Imageprograf 1000 nozzle(?) problem

Doing a nozzle check, I get 11 normal patterns with no issues. For the 12th, yellow, I am getting solid yellow, i.e. no vertical or horizontal lines. It's as though the yellow nozzles have diarrhea. My prints reflect an imbalance with too much yellow that I am unable to address with profiles, either from the manufacturer's or my own.

Any suggestions?

Product Expert

Re: Imageprograf 1000 nozzle(?) problem

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group at 1-800-652-2666 additional assistance with this matter.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Update: I printed the nozzle check on off-white paper. While I was unable to see the printed yellow nozzle pattern, I checked with younger eyes who were in fact able to see the pattern. My mistake, and please accept my apologies.

Unfortunately, I do have a major problem that at least includes too much yellow, but probably other color balance issues as well which are revealed when printing the Bill Atkinson reference print: saturated greens printing as dark cyan/blue mix, all saturated colors printing darker (more saturated), and the grayscale has a magenta tint.

Since I have had this issue with multiple papers and with both my own and manufacturer generated profiles, and am using the photoshop controls setting, unless I am missing something, the issue is with the printer. 

I would be very happy to have assistance with this problem.

Thank you

Highlighted
New Contributor

I stumbled on the solution: I printed the reference print on a pixma pro-100, and obtained the same, unsatisfactory result. This caused me to stand back and consider what else could be wrong: the possibilities were 1) program (pShop), 2) printer (Pixma Pro-100, iPG-1000), or 3) my computer (iMac or MacBookPro).

While it seemed unlikely that both printers would have the same issue, I decided to focus on 1) and 3). I determined that lightroom had the same issue as Photoshop, which left 3), my computer. I tried the reference print with my Mac Book Pro, and the result was as it should be. So the issue was in my iMac.

The only possibility I could think of was the drivers: I deleted both printers from the iMac, rebooted, and reinstalled them. The problem was solved.

Sometimes the solution is the easiest one.